D. Wilson Law P.L.L.C.
(336) 203-8860

Family Law Articles

Articles on Family Law Topics

Am I Entitled to Child Support if I Have Full Custody?


The answer to any child support question is it depends. Typically the court will order that child support be paid to the custodial parent by the non-custodial parent. In North Carolina child support payment amount are based on statutory guidelines. These guidelines are adhered to by the court in most cases; however, the court may deviate from the guidelines. The non-custodial parent is often ordered by the court to pay a percentage of that parent’s gross monthly income.

The guidelines take each parent's income into account as well as health insurance premiums paid for the child(ren) and the cost of daycare among other considerations.

Dana Wilson
Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice. Dana Jackson WilsonReviewsout of 7 reviews